How many leaders are experiencing burnout these days?
Burnout doesn’t just happen to us – it occurs because of patterns & systems that aren’t working to our benefit.
This week, Andy walks us through 4 patterns that most often lead to burnout and practical ways to mitigate its effects in your work, life, and relationship.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- When stress becomes toxic. Andy describes why stress is good the positive effects it can have on the brain. He then dives into patterns that lead to toxic stress and explores two habits you can adopt to get your body to baseline and become a more effective leader.
- Who you have to be vs who you are. Leaders are drained of their energy by holding onto responsibilities that they shouldn’t because they don’t know how to let go and trust.
- Incongruence between what is on the inside and what’s on the outside. Andy lays our 1 x 2 rule – learn to be honest yourself and 2 other people to create a rhythm of connecting, engaging, and gaining foresight from these trusted people in your life.
- Addiction to the highs and lows of leadership. Many leaders live life “flatlined” because they’ve learned to numb their lows and have unintentionally numbed their highs.
- How to find, and maintain balance. Andy shares 4 direct responses to these toxic behaviors and our lives and how leaders can embrace the demands of leadership in a healthy and whole way.